This season is inspired by what we think is CHANGE! We have a new president, new season, new hope, new goals therefore we need new fashion!
We feel that Jaja Gabour would be proud this season's fashion colors because a lot of the "IT" colors are tropical! The more color the better, there is no rule against it, you can literally go wild and we’ll show you why! We'll also show you that this season is all about change because what we are used to calling our staple pieces aka basics, are not basic at ALL!
1. 1. Get ready for change number one! Mix and match patterns! Don’t be afraid to experiment, just make sure the colors match or are complementary to each other! Most importantly when applying this trend, do what feels comfortable for you! If it's not you, don't do it!
22 2. Neutral colors like black, grey, brown, and white are not your basics at all this season! You will find them either metallic, sheer, shiny, or embellished! Do pair them with matte colors, or matte jewelry for a cool look. Playing around with different textures and fabrics can be fun!
3. Chunky jewelry! The bigger the better, heck even supersize it! From necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings, statement jewelry is hot hot hot this season! Last season, we took our jewelry to dress up an outfit, this season we're CHANGING the idea and adding to outfits that don't really need dressing up! Colorful outfit? Add a huge necklace, or earrings! Experiment, and do what feels right!
4. Oversized Prints! Again supersize it! When doing the casual tee, or casual dress, an oversize print is the way to go! It's a good tweak for those of us who love the mod look! Here are our faves!
5. For all you girly girls out there it's time to stop and smell the roses, because the flowers are OUT! Um, by OUT, we mean IN! Ehem, heehee! Whether its spring or summer, the floral prints will be popping up everywhere! Don't be shy to wear a colorful floral print dress, skirt, shirt, or even pants! We personally recommend keeping the florals in your wardrobe and your jewelry, keep the handbags solid! This season again, its safe to mix up your floral prints, and if you're a little more conservative, pair it up with some solid pieces!
6. Spring is a perfect season to show off your feminine side! When we think feminine, we think delicate, gentle, beautiful. What kind of outfit depicts feminine you ask? An outfit made with FLOWY FABRICS of course! Gone with the wind? Why not, let your outfits feel like your in a meadow, or that you're running on a beach into the arms of your love! OH how romantic! Flowy fabrics are key for evening wear this season, so if you're going on a hot romantic date, or off to a wedding or a sexy cruise, go for the moveable, easy breezy, and comfortable fabrics! You'll look sexy, feminine, and be comfortable! We love that!
7. Thanks to the Advocates of CHANGE, President Obama and his beautiful wife Michelle have started the political movement of hope, and bringing back some good 'ol patriotism that this country needs! Speaking of bringing some good things back, Michelle inspired us all to bring back the ONE SHOULDER look when she wore her sexy little number to the inaugural ball! Thanks to our first lady, we can take out our one shouldered tops and dresses that we have tucked away, and enjoy them again, and maybe buy a few new ones along the way! We picked these 3 looks to show you that even though the concept sounds black and white, there are some very different pieces out there to choose from!
8. Relaxed fit pant! Finally, we can relax and say goodbye to the skinny pant! Well, maybe not, some of us are a little attached to our skinny pants, they'll be around a little longer before we completely say goodbye! For now, we have a new crew of pants rolling in. With this crew are the new HAREM pants! Whether, they're cropped, high waisted, or long, this pant adds some more CHANGE to your wardrobe. Be careful with the harems if you're hippy, this might not be the style for you. If you are that girl, go for a relaxed straighter pant. Here are a few favorite looks...
9. A girl can never have enough shoes! Some questions to ask yourself when shopping for shoes this season are: Is it a detailed shoe? Is it drama? Is it made with fabric? Is it colorful? Is it jeweled and intricate? If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, then you've got yourself a spring/summer 2009 shoe! That's right! Shoes are all about the intricate detail! No more basic pump, no more one colored boot, no more practical and cute! It's crazy time, because our shoes will be dancing, and our feet might be hurting, but these shoes are HOT HOT HOT! Pick up a pair of these sizzling shoes, and your set! Seriously!
10. Last but not least, we would like to leave you with the season's "IT" color which is lemon! If lemon is not for you, don't fret, there's an abundant of "IT" colors to choose from! Remember Jaja Gabour and the chikita banana girl, to pick you juicy colors like peach, raspberry, grapefruit, and lime! Enjoy!