Essential oils are extremely versatile when used in beauty and wellness. In the time of cold weather and colds, essential oils really come in handy. We B.Youneek girls favor the natural approach to beauty and ailments such as the common cold. Here are a number of ways we like to use essential oils.
1) Add eucalyptus to a humidifier or a cloth napkin to gently sniff its invigorating vapors to open up sinuses. *Beware not to use too close to mucus membranes as it is quite potent.
2) Gently massage Rosemary oil on forehead, cheekbones, and brow bones to increase circulation and open up nasal & sinus passages.
3) Lemon oil can be used in a vaporizer, bath to help lessen nausea and invigorate the senses.
4) Jojoba oil is a great hair conditioner for dry hair, but must be used sparingly or you will end up with greasy hair!
5) We also love Jojoba oil as an inexpensive makeup remover. Just dab a bit on a cotton pad, and wipe away even stubborn water-proof eye makeup.
6) Mix calming Lavender oil with Jojoba oil for a relaxing massage.
7) Lavender oil can also be used for restless sleepers and headaches by applying a bit to one's pillow before going to bed. The calming aroma can aide a restful sleep.
8) Tea Tree oil is one of our favorites: used as an anti-acne treatment, as an antiseptic for cuts, burns, blisters, athlete's foot, and ringworm. *Beware not to use too close to mucus membranes, as it is quite potent.
The possibilities with essential oils are endless and we hope you've enjoyed this little intro!
To get started with aromatherapy- we recommend this book that also comes in a starter- kit with some basic essential oils and a mixing vile.
*These statements are not approved by the FDA and are not intended to cure, treat or prevent any disease or ailment. Please check for allergies before attempting to utilize essential oils.