Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Super Saver Manicure

I actually hate getting manicures.  It's pretty time consuming and quite boring at the same time.. that combination for me alone, is enough to keep me away from my local nail salon.  But then there's the price to consider while also taking into consideration that your manicure will probably chip in a day or two....PLUS bacteria laden tools- YUCK (unless you bring your own)!  I prefer to give myself a 15 minute manicure at home and save a few bucks while I'm at it!  After you get into the hang of it, upkeep is about 10 minutes flat!

Tools:

  • Orange Stick
  • Nail clipper
  • 3-Way Nail File (the kind that has 3 different textures to shape the nail)
  • Base Coat
  • Quick Drying Top Coat (my absolute fave is Poshe)
  • Nail polish
  • OR get quick drying nail polish with a built- in topcoat like I used here. *pictured below
Remove any old polish with nail polish remover, clip and file nails to desired length and shape.  Square is the easiest to do and maintain.  The roughest texture of the filer is best to trim down the size of the nail, while the finer textures are good to shape edges.  Next, apply your favorite hand cream to hands and use an orange stick to push back cuticles gently.  With a cotton pad, remove cream residue from nails with nail polish remover.  Apply one coat of base coat, one coat quick dry nail polish (or 2 coats of regular), and one coat of top coat if you applied regular polish.  That's it!  


*Sally Hansen Insta- Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in Mint Sprint #28  
This product is great deal because you get polish and topcoat in one, and you only need 1 coat.  Plus, the  brush is a flat rectangle, mimicking the shape of the nail bed, making application super- easy.

Have beauty questions?  Email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment