Thursday, August 26, 2010

Expert Blonding: Do Not Try This at Home!

It was that time again... the time to raise the color bar a few shades lighter. There was only one man for the job, one man I trusted: John O of Antonio Prieto Salon in New York City. Born a natural brunette, I've always experimented with my hair color. In 8th grade I sprayed the infamous Sun-In to lighten my locks to a penny- copper color I was never really satisfied with.   In high school, I played with different brands of do- it- yourself highlighting kits which gave me countless shades of auburn and strawberry brown. It wasn't until Junior year of high school that I went to a professional to lighten my locks to a achieve those golden hues I had longed for.  Expert blonding is hard to come by.  Really hard.  I mean, even pros don't always get it right.  But, I have to say I'm a lucky gal to have found John O at the Antonio Prieto Salon in New York City who has taken my hair color to a whole new level.  Poor John spent practically the entire day on my mass of hair, but the end result is spectacular!  I have incredible dimension, color and light framing my face... and it all looks super- natural!  I went in and was like "yeah so I want lighter hair like this Victoria Secret model I saw, but I don't have her picture, but I'll try to describe it..." and POOF... the perfect shade of blonde for me!  You won't get results like this from a bottle people.  When it comes to dramatically changing your hair color, it's best to seek out the pros, especially with blonding!  Not everyone knows hot to get a perfect hue of blonde for your unique coloring.  The same goes with the perfect cut, but I'll save that story for another post ;)  If you're in New York, go to John O at the Antonio Prieto Salon, and tell him I sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment